Effective Communication and Presentation Skills
This workshop combines selected areas of our Presentation Skills training with the added element of Communications Awareness. It emphasises the importance of non-verbal communication skills as a key part of any Effective Communication. It will benefit both competent English-speakers (Intermediate level and above = CEF Level B1 and above) and native English speakers to adopt appropriate language and skills for giving business presentations. It will also empower them to recognise and appreciate non-verbal behaviour, and the significant role it plays in clear communication. Extensive use is made of video technology.
This course is tailored to reflect the specific needs of candidates' employment backgrounds (e.g. legal, financial, human resources, sales and marketing) working with language, terminology and examples appropriate to that area.
The course will focus on:
- What is "Effective Communication"?
- The link between verbal and non-verbal communication
- Barriers to Communication
- How to structure a presentation
- Identifying and engaging with your audience
- How to introduce and effectively use pictures and graphical data
- Handling problem questions and interjections
- Strategies to maintain audience attention
- Non-verbal communication - self-awareness exercises
- Reading gestures, emotions and signals
- Harnessing verbal and non-verbal skills effectively
- Getting the message across
In addition, the course may also extend to:
- Specific language needs or techniques for presenting technical detail
- Cross-cultural issues, when presenting to diverse groups
Candidates will also be required to prepare for a video exercise (10-15 minutes per person) outside of class time for delivery on the last day of the course. This may include preparing materials to supplement the exercise.
This course is taught is in a fully interactive environment. There are numerous chances for mini-presentations/video exercises, focusing on the different areas under study. Candidates will engage in a variety of exercises throughout the training sessions to build up their skills. Candidates will assess each other for clarity and content and will also be provided with feedback by the trainer. There are ample opportunities for Group Discussion and for role-play exercises, to highlight key verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
Workshops may be delivered at your corporate site or in London depending on your needs.